This is another country where far too many children are being left orphaned or are in need of serious intervention. We found an outstanding organization to partner with here and are looking forward to building our relationship with them even more in the future.
In 2020, All For One supported one family-type home, Little House of Joy, in an effort to help orphaned children. In collaboration with Romania’s Child Protective Services, Little House of Joy established itself in 2014. Little House of Joy is a family-type home providing care, lodging, education, and training for children 7 to 26 years old if they are enrolled in school or pursuing higher education. Personal family problems, physical abuse, lack of self-confidence and personal motivation, and rejection and labeling due to poverty are some causes of school abandonment.
The home currently has 10 children ranging from age 7 to 26. The children live with the family and attend a local public school. The children can be housed until they are 26 years old if they are enrolled in a school offering higher education. Aligning with All For One’s mission, the Little House of Joy believes in providing stability for children and a different way of thinking.
- The latest United Nations data (worldometer.org) indicated that Romania’s population is 19.2 million.
- There is a huge gap between the rich and the poor in Romania, with about 40% at risk of poverty.
- Over 50% of the children under 18 are at risk of poverty* and do not have quality healthcare or education.
- ⅓ of Romanian children are placed in residential homes maintained by the state.
- According to Eurostat studies, the rate of school abandonment in Romania is 15.3%.
BECOME AN ALL FOR ONE VOLUNTEER
Volunteers are the backbone of All For One and are instrumental to our success.
Want to get hands-on and become an All For One volunteer?
As the foundation grows and expands to reaching more children impacted by poverty, malnutrition, and lack of education, we believe there is an urgent need to build this network, which is the centerpiece of our organization.
If leaving a legacy of service is your passion, then you are the piece of the puzzle we need to continue our great work for children around the world.
Contact us to find out the next steps in becoming a volunteer.
All For One continues to be passionate about building a strong community of volunteers that complements the countless efforts of our organization. Active volunteers’ enthusiasm encourages all of us. We believe that each of our stories is critical to the legacy and impact that we have in the world. Each actively involved volunteer will share a short story of themselves and their purpose for joining the mission.
Volunteers select an area of interest and write a short story of themselves, including what motivates and inspires them, what activities fill their day, their values, and how they can add to All For One’s culture.
Loving what you do is the epitome of fulfillment. An ideal volunteer embodies a love of selfless giving of themselves, their talents, and their time. Volunteering is a generous and noble feat where one offers time, self, skills, and talents freely. Giving selflessly is a powerful attribute to give back to the community. The volunteer questionnaire assists in identifying and developing characteristics ideal for being a volunteer for All For One.
- Interactive activities (ready and available to act in new projects)
- Continuous fundraising efforts (e.g., community outreach)
- Fundraising for donations and sponsors
- Public relations
- Individual donations Corporate contact
- Event planning
- Administrative duties and responsibilities (as assigned to specific projects)
- And more as opportunities as the foundation grows